Welcome to an unforgettable trip in the archipelago!
In the Viking Centre you can experience Finland living the end of its Iron Age, the mythical Viking Age. Museum consists of not only informative exhibitions, but also an entire reconstructed Viking village where you can for example try on a Viking warriors outfit or play games enjoyed already by the Vikings. The delicious lunch is served in the atmospheric Chieftain hall.
Bengtskär is the tallest lighthouse in Scandinavia, and its massive stone walls have witnessed some of the most dramatic events in Finland’s history. On climbing the tower and reaching the top, you’re awarded with a stunning view of the sea. You can explore the lighthouse keeper’s life in bygone days, the battle of Bengtskär and for example archipelago nature at the exhibitions on the lower floors. The lighthouse café offers a delightful setting for afternoon coffee, and the island’s cliffs a chance for relaxing by the sea.
Departures and prices 2.6-26.8.2018
One or more departures from Kasnäs via Rosala every day: at 11.00 and/or 11.45. Duration approximately 6,5-7,5 hours.
The cruise price is 61,00 € / adult and 30,50 € / child (4-14 years). Price includes boat transport, entrance fees, guiding and lunch (traditional fish soup, archipelago bread and coffee) at the Viking Centre and guiding at Bengtskär.
You can also book the cruise from Rosala island, departing at 13.15 and/or 14.00. The price is 42,00 € / person including boat transfer from Rosala and guiding at the lighthouse.
Payment can be made at the Viking Centre before departure to Bengtskär. We accept cash, Finnish debit-cards and Visa- Master- and EuroCards.
If you are for example cycling the Coastal Route, one way trip from Bengtskär to Rosala or Kasnäs is 25,00 € / person and 6,00 € / bicycle. Payment at the lighthouse.
Rights to changes in time-tables and prices are reserved. Weather reservation: strong wind and/or rough waves can prevent landing on Bengtskär.
Boats can be fully booked, so we warmly recommend making a reservation! When you want to book a trip, please fill in the form below, and we will reply with a booking confirmation per e-mail. You can also send e-mail to email@example.com with any questions you might have!
Please keep you browser open until you get a confirmation that the form has been sent. Please note that this is not an automated booking system, your booking is confirmed when you receive a confirmation from us. If you don’t receive an e-mail from us in 24 hours, please contact us by e-mail or phone!
Good to know
– Recommended minimum driving time from Turku is 1,5 hours and from Helsinki 2,5 hours. The address to harbour is Kasnäsintie 1289, Kemiönsaari (see map).
– The free-of-charge parking area for Bengtskär travellers is situated on the left hand side ca 200 m before you reach the pier. It is locked, and you receive the code when booking. In addition, there is a larger open and free area for parking on the right hand side of the road ca 450 m before the pier.
– The road ends in three jetties, the one on the right is where the vessels start. There is a sign with the name Vänö at the jetty. On busy days also the Örö-jetty beside can be used.
– If you have booked your trip from Rosala, the boats will start from the jetty at the end of the road (see map), 200 m from the Viking Centre. If needed, you can find the timetable for car ferry M/S Aurora here.
– Also in the case that you want to travel from Rosala, it is possible to book a guiding and lunch at the Viking Centre before departure. The price for this package is 61,00 € / adult and 30,50 € / children 4-14 years.
– The boats are Sissel (75 passengers), Minandra (40 pass), Ocean (33 pass) and Alva (21 pass). The skippers have passenger lists and will show you to the right boat, if we use several boats on the day of your trip.
– Weather reservation: If the weather prevents landing on Bengtskär, you can visit Rosala and/or Örö fortress island instead. If you would rather cancel your trip than participate in the reserve program, please contact us regarding weather on the previous day.
Naturally, you are very welcome to contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you might have. We are here to help you!